Category: Style Published Date Written by Administrator Hits: 1470
Wedding hairstyles for long hair…easier said than done, right? Especially if you’re planning to do your own hair for your wedding. Lora Kelley sent over this great tutorial for any gal looking to get those loose, beautiful curls we all seem to pine after, but have the hardest time executing on our own at home. Looking for more hair tutorials? Check out this other great wedding hairstyle for long hair here.
Hot tools 1″ Curling Iron
Metal Double Prong Curl Clips – Available at Sally’s Beauty Supply or online here
**note, the double prong is important.. Holds WAY better than the single prong**
Redken Spray Starch
Frederic Fekkai Coiff Sheer Hold Hairspray
Divide your hair into sections, beginning with the bottom section, Create 3-4 smaller sections of each section – about 1″ x 2″, Spray first sub-section with Spray Starch Spray, lightly (and each piece as you curl them).
1. Starting at the root, begin to curl hair, twisting the hair, and adding more until the entire iron is covered with hair.
2. Gather the curled section and pin with metal clip
3. Continue to do this to the bottom section, moving up through the entire head, until the head is completely set. *reate sections around your part, curl the front away from the face, to achieve a softer, modern look.
4. Let hair set for 20 minutes, spray lightly with fekkai hair spray.
5. Start releasing the hair from the bottom up, keeping the curl intact as you go and spray hair, lightly, after all the curls have been released.
6. Gently, with your fingers, pull through the end of the hair to soften and release the curl.
Extra tips: Use the curling iron to adjust any curls that look droopy, spray and avoid touching it too much, unless you want it to fall out a little more.